05 October 2006

The things we do...

When I wrote about my weekend the other day, I purposely failed to include a part of the story that kind of linked the two events - the Toby concert and the Tony installation.

Before the concert on Saturday, I had a wedding to work at (for those of you who don't know I am also a "wedding coordinator" at a nearby Catholic university). Well they left behind 4 gigantic sprays of flowers for our chapel. Our chapel is not all that big and these flowers kind of were a bit much for the space. So, the thought entered my mind - "tomorrow is Tony's installation - these flowers would make a nice touch at the church." So I preceeded to load 2 of them and their stands into my car to take to the church where I was headed anyway to meet to go to the concert.

Well, I kind of forgot, as I was putting the flowers in my back seat (which was currently occupied with my change of clothes for the concert), that the things the flowers were in also were holding WATER. So before I knew it, it kind of tipped over and spilled water on my change of clothes. I yanked the clothes, threw them in the front seat and finished loading the fragrant flowers.

I pulled away and as I did I bent over to grab my change of clothes to inspect the damage. The shirt - OK. The jacket - the sleeve just a little damp. The jeans - dry, except for saturated right in the crotch area. Perfect.

I can throw them in the dryer when I get to the rectory, I thought. But no, because that would take too long before we have to leave for the concert. So the next best thing crossed my mind.

What did I do? I put my heat on as high as it would go, turned the fan on as fast as it would go and drove all the way to the church holding my jeans with their wet crotch up to the dashboard vent of my car with one hand and driving with the other. Re-positioning my jeans every couple minutes to make sure it all dried. Sweating to death in the process.

But it worked. If our friends only knew the things we go through for them sometimes.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so FUNNY!!! I could just see you now... (What was the temp on Saturday?) You funny girl!!!

11:00 PM, October 05, 2006  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

BwaaaaaaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The mental picture is priceless!

9:31 AM, October 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Biggest LOL I've had in a while! :) Thanks

9:07 PM, October 07, 2006  
Blogger Frema said...

Oh, and Saturday was pretty warm! Way to think on the spot!

12:20 PM, October 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home