04 May 2006

Why do I do these things to myself?

A while back, Oneida, Annette and I got ourselves into organizing/shopping for/setting up for a go-away celebration for a deacon at St. Rita parish. For those of you who know the situation at all, the pastor who had been there that we had problems with is now gone and an administrator is in his place for 6 months. So we agreed to do it.

Well we went shopping for it all today and got I don't know how many hundreds of buns and potato chips. It really is a lot of work for the three of us. It would not be so bad except my biggest problem is the parish hall that it is being held in is a MESS! Paint falling off the walls, dirty, etc. It does look (and smell) better than it did a week ago, but still needs lots of work.

I ask myself why I do these kinds of things to myself not because I do not enjoy it somewhat (I pretty much enjoy ANYTHING I end up doing with Annette and Oneida - we are the Three Musketeers) but I have so many other things going on too. I just ADD TO IT!

Oh well, let's see what happens tomorrow when we decorate for this shindig and then Sunday as we make our assembly line of chicken salad, ham, turkey and roast beef sandwiches.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why can't we be Moe, Larry and Curly or Charlie's Angles.
Either way I love us working together it never seems like work.

4:45 PM, May 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto to what Oneida said!

10:13 PM, May 05, 2006  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

Wowee - good luck with that! The assembly line picture rocked.

Let me know how it turns out. If your sworn enemy comes in, pick a paint chip off the wall and add it to his sandwich. Hehe! (Oops did I really say that??)

9:41 AM, May 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, how did it go?

1:45 PM, May 08, 2006  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

And why do you do these things to us? We need some updates and new material, please! ;0)

9:16 PM, May 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good choice of bread. I sampled a sandwich on Monday and it was very good.
We may never stop getting involved in these(church)functions,beacuse WE enjoy it so much. Their just needs to be more communication.
Remember our very first Confirmation dinner?

9:39 AM, May 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home