09 May 2006

At your request...

OK, so a few of you wonder what happened to the goING away party of which I spoke last time. So here goes...

Annette, Oneida and I spent a long time setting up the hall on Friday then preparing all the sandwiches, punch and desserts on Sunday morning. We really are an excellent team, I must say!

Well, turns out there was a break down in communication somewhere because whereas the parish administrator asked us to do everything on behalf of the parish, others talked among themselves and turned it into a potluck. Sooooo...there was WAY TOO MUCH FOOD, and there still would have been too much even if we hadn't spent all that time shopping, setting up and fixing it all. So, overall, we weren't even really needed.

But we had fun, nonetheless.

For those of you who read Lost a Sock, you will know she has been doing extremely well on her diet. Me, not so much. Even though I have tried to be more conscious of what I've been eating, it hasn't worked that well. Sometimes I keep track of points, sometimes not. I have not lost any more than like 3 pounds in a month and a half. I really have no one to blame but myself, but I still don't like it. I can't seem to put my finger on what I did so right last time and what I am not doing, or can't bring myself to do, this time.

In a little bit of other news, in less than a month from now, my good friend and former boss will be installed as provincial of the Augustinians of the midwest province. I am looking forward to going to the celebration. I wonder where we'll go afterwards! ;)

31 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CA sounds like a plan!

11:26 PM, May 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never heard of LEGOLAND but sounds like it could be fun. Glad he has a FUN name!!! (weren't you rather FURIOUS after doing all that work??? I would have wanted to KILL everything in sight!!!)I'm furious for you!

12:06 AM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

How long will this blog strike continue? Until I finally comment? Here I am, commenting. Come back!

12:35 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

Speaking of wenches, I update my blog almost daily, so come read me, instead of Sant, and instead of Jenny.

12:39 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

Dammit Sant, watch your filthy damn mouth. And Jenny, yes, so so negligent. Dammit.

12:41 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

I would guess not, by the way she smells.

12:42 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Jenabeeb said...

You two ever hear of a PHONE?

12:43 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

OMG croutons and chocolate!? I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.

Hey I have her checkbook. Wanna go out to breakfast in the morning?

12:44 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Jenabeeb said...

Yes, negligent in my blogs...what can I say?

12:44 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

Yes, we have heard of a phone. We are on it right now, harassing you in team effort.

12:45 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Jenabeeb said...

Isn't there like a limit on many comments a person can receive in, say, a 5 MINUTE PERIOD???

12:45 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

A Denny's? You shoot low. How about the whole CHAIN of Denny's?

12:46 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Jenabeeb said...

i need to insert one of those verification code things on here!

12:46 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Jenabeeb said...

i have 18 frickin comments on here now!

12:47 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

Headline would read: "Out-of-the-blue Indiana twenty-something buys 1.5 billion dollar mediocre-breakfast empire...with Jenny's checkbook."

12:47 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Jenabeeb said...

Hey, make it Cracker Barrel instead! Hmm - hash brown casserole!

12:48 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

You watch your damn mouth too, dammit.

12:48 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Jenabeeb said...

remember when we would shoot emails to each other back and forth like this in college?

12:48 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Jenabeeb said...

our own version of text messaging before it was invented

12:50 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Jenabeeb said...

well you two can keep harrassing me if you wish - i have to head off to bed.

12:51 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

Because Jenny is big on fraud. Hear ye, hear ye, Jenny steals people's checkbooks.

12:52 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

Off to bed also. Sleeping under the new blanket I bought myself online, with your routing number. Thank you.

12:53 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

Time for bed, Scarlett. Leave this (penniless) girl alone. Go to bed with all of the new linens I bought you (with her checkbook.)

12:54 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

Anyone else need new linens? Email me. I'll overnite them to you. (It's only money! And Jenny's, at that!)

12:55 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

Oh holy shit! That's awesome.

12:56 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

I'm going to sleep well on my $300 pillow. I love (stealing from) my friend.

1:02 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger Frema said...

Ya'll be CRAZY.

10:33 AM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger Frema said...

Also, I know what you mean about the dieting. A few years ago I went on Weight Watchers for asthetic reasons and lost 22 pounds. Yipee! Now, I've gained most of it back and need to lose it for health reasons (high cholesterol). But I'm having such a hard time. The motivation just isn't there.

3:54 PM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

Are you really never going to write again? C'mon friend!

10:12 PM, May 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It might be someone else's going away party before she writes again.

2:56 PM, June 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O great Mistress of the Divine.
We, your humble readers, beseech thee.
Deign to enlighten us with your insights.
Show us your most entertianing pictures
and give us your most delightful commentary.
We, your humble readers, await your merciful reply

1:24 PM, June 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home