30 September 2006

Camera Ready!

Last week, I got a very early birthday present. A brank spankin' new digital camera. It is the first digital camera I have ever owned. Behind the times? Yes, I am aware of that. But...I am still very excited!

The first time it got any use was last Sunday at my friend Molly's (Lost a Sock) son KJ's 4th birthday bash.

Here he is (with his Auntie Santy) opening a box of Teddy Grahams I bought him (not the only gift!)

Glad he was so pleased with a box of cookies!


And here is my baby, my godson Jack. I can't believe he is 9 months old already!

Isn't he just adorable!!


So all week I have been trying to get used to the camera, because I have 2 big events this weekend to use it for. I am going to yet another Toby Keith concert. (Love his concerts!) And my good friend is being installed as pastor of the parish I used to work previously and am helping out at again.

In trying out all the various, exciting functions on the camera, I decided to take a couple pictures of myself, too. One before my haircut



and one AFTER


the new haircut I just got today. (Please ignore the fact that I decided to try out my camera minus any semblance of makeup!) I kind of like it, but wanted it a bit shorter still. Oh well.

Wish me luck for taking good pics this weekend. I'll share some after the events!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lost A Sock said...

Oh wowee! New blog layout, new camera, and new haircut! Very cool. I like them all!

9:06 AM, September 30, 2006  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

And, boy, what a cute godson you have. Wink wink.

9:06 AM, September 30, 2006  
Blogger Frema said...

Yes, ditto on the hair cut. Isn't it liberating to get rid of so much hair? I did it almost two years ago and have loved short hair. Now I'm thinking about growing it out, though, just for something different.

2:35 PM, October 03, 2006  
Blogger Silly Hily said...

I love the hair! I can't wait to get mine cut, but I have to let it grow a little more b/c I donate it to locks of love.
I'm so glad I can finally put a face on you. You are too cute.
And I'm totally jealous that you are Jack's godmother. He is so adorable.

4:24 PM, October 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home