11 March 2006

Woke Up This Morning, Got Myself a Cold

Well, it is 12:07am, Saturday morning. I've been up since 5am Friday morning. I fell asleep on the couch Thursday night while watching an episode of Home Improvement that I TiVo'ed, after taking a Benedryl (my friend) to try to get rid of my cold symptoms.

My grandma decided it would be good to wake me up at 5am to go into my bed so I could "sleep better." Did I mention I've been NOW UP SINCE 5AM? I guess her intentions were good, but I couldn't fall back asleep after she woke me up. Don'tcha just love it? "Wake up - it's time to go to bed."

Anyway, I woke up with the same sniffles, runny nose and scratchy throat that I fell asleep with. And I'm tired.

I mentioned in yesterday's blog that the Sopranos are beginning their new season on Sunday - after being off for TWENTY ONE months. How crazy is that?? Molly, Kevin and I were supposed to have a Sopranos premiere party - complete with stuffed shells and everything. But she called me the other day to tell me that she forgot her grandpa's birthday is this week and she's got to go to her mom and dad's house Sunday. So, she suggested, that we instead TiVo the Sopranos and I go over there MONDAY night and we watch it. My first response: "I cannot guarantee that I will not watch it Sunday!"

I still can't guarantee it. But I will resist the urge to cheat (unlike Tony Soprano - ironic?). But do you understand the dilemma this puts me in?? I was having enough of a problem knowing we were not even going to watch it at 8pm when it was 'live' but that we would watch it at about 9pm after KJ was asleep. You see, I have this thing about experiencing things 'with' other people. So if everyone else in the country is watching the Sopranos at 8pm, I want to be experiencing that at the same time.

BUT - now... I have to not only NOT watch it Sunday night at all, but also avoid all media and anyone who might talk about it Monday so as not to ruin it! It's supposed to be a great cliffhanger episode with a surprise twist. And while all the world will be discussing it Monday, I cannot only NOT join in, but I also need to stuff my ears and cover my eyes so as not to ruin it for Monday night.

Oh well, at least there will still be stuffed shells waiting!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lost A Sock said...

Well as long as you are looking to experience the Sopranos WITH everybody, how about waiting to Monday and watching it WITH us? As for keeping away from Sopranos discussions after it airs (airs?) come to my house early Monday. I'm completely oblivious to the outside world. Unless Dora the Explorer discusses it on her show, I'm in the clear. In her shrill voice - "Did you see what happened on the Sopranos?? Can you say, whacked?? Let's try it in spanish! Muerte!" or something. Don't whack me over the spanish butcher job. I haven't taken a spanish class in 12 years...

Orrrrr here's a thought.... How about we watch it Sunday night at our respective homes, and still have the party Monday, and watch it again, eh? Eh?

7:08 PM, March 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I don't watch The Sopranos, adn it's now Tuesday. I hear Tony got shot. Are you in mourning?

7:25 PM, March 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home