26 February 2006

A Real Fine Place to Start


I went to see Sara Evans in concert tonight. It was a really awesome concert. She has such an amazingly powerful voice. Even though she slightly hoarse, as she herself pointed out, you really couldn't tell much.

I especially like Sara Evans not only because of her music and amazing voice, but she seems like a 'real woman.' She's been married for 13 years, is the mother of 3, and is a woman of faith and lets it be known how important family and faith are to her. Two quotes from the show's programs:

"Sara Evans is a study in contrasts: a smooth-skinned looker hailed by People magazine as one of the world’s most beautiful people yet one who travels with her three kids... and a deeply spiritual woman with an occasionally bawdy sense of humor."

“I separate things so easily in my mind,” she laughs. “I can literally, literally change a diaper or discipline Avery and then walk on stage. I'm such a multi-tasker you would not even believe. If I just had a few more arms, there’s no telling what I could do. I think that’s the trademark of a true woman.”

A woman who finds herself in a real fine place in her life and career.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenabeeb said...

No, it's Sara Evans. But I guess it DOES kind of look like Rachael Ray!

11:50 AM, February 26, 2006  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

Glad you had a good time. Sounds like a gal that's got it together.

11:58 PM, February 26, 2006  
Blogger Frema said...

I love quite a few of Sara's songs--I just had Luke download "A Real Fine Place to Start" on Saturday from iTunes. :)

10:17 AM, February 27, 2006  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

Would you come over and clean my house? (See Sant's comment section. Then get in the car and start heading south-east.)

:0)

2:52 PM, February 27, 2006  
Blogger Jenabeeb said...

Hmmm...an "offer" to clean your house...how about I stick to cooking when I'm there? If I'm there for dinner Friday, it's no meat, too!
And thanks for commenting on all my posts (finally! ;)

10:25 PM, February 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home