04 March 2006

Sam, Sam, He's Our Man

I love Sam's Club!





I remember the very first time I had the pleasure of experiencing Sams, I felt like I was in the middle of my very own Super Mario Brothers game. Everything around me was so big! Where else can you buy 36 rolls of toilet paper, a 5 lb box of oatmeal (I can hook you up, Frema), and a 3,000 box of Advil all under the same roof? (Just out of my often strange curiosity, I sometimes wonder as I'm rounding the pharmaseutical aisle, who the person is who has the guts to buy the jumbo, extra value pack of condoms...but I digress.)

About 2 weeks ago, I took to the counter to buy what I thought was a $59 nice wool jacket, one like I've been looking for for quite some time. Got to the register and it rang up only $19. WOO HOO!!! Even better!!

(I will spare you the detail that a few days later, when I was wearing it for the first time I noticed the buttons were on the wrong side, i.e., it was a men's jacket, not a ladies. Oh well - who will notice? Looks the same to me...)

Went back to Sam's yesterday and along with a box of 45 Brillo pads, one of the aforementioned 36 rolls of toilet paper, and 312 Lipton tea bags (see below for THAT necessity!) (among other things) I bought an 8 pack of Scotch Lint Rollers.




You may ask what I need with EIGHT of these. Well, I ask myself the same thing. But how could I pass them up for only $6.71. That's less than a dollar a piece!!! What a bargain! And I did want to buy at least ONE more to brush off my nice new wool coat that keeps gathering lint. Now I will have one for my house (one upstairs, one down), my car, my office...

Anybody want one of the leftovers?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rolling lint... that'll keep ya outta trouble ! and apparently, Miss Jenny, you need to be kept out of trouble. After raising the family that I have and still raising PaPa Tee-ping (to what heights, we don't know!!!) I still have not been to one of those "buy it in bulk and store it for years" places!!! maybe I need to be enlightened (hint, hint, Low???)

10:41 PM, March 04, 2006  
Blogger Jenabeeb said...

Sounds like a field trip to me!!

Have you ever thought of starting a blog?

10:43 PM, March 04, 2006  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

There'll be no hinting from you mother...I've been telling you for years to go with me there!

ANNNNND yes, I want the spare lint rollers! Me! Me! Pick me! Pick me! I was wondering while reading, when I can get over there next because that is a great deal, and we go through lint rollers like hot cakes.

See you tomorrow!

9:20 PM, March 05, 2006  
Blogger Jenabeeb said...

I will bring a couple of the extras with me tomorrow. See you guys then!!

11:01 PM, March 05, 2006  
Blogger Jenabeeb said...

Who knew that Lint Rollers were such a hot commodity? I feel like I need to become a lint roller dealer and go in a dark alley somewhere

12:07 AM, March 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iam left wondering who uses so many condoms, Well you can see were my heads at. If I was not married????
Sure hope you get this comment I been commenting to many, I must be doing something worng. Oneida

9:51 AM, March 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home