02 February 2006

Well, I guess it's happening...

...at least for now!

I have decided to create a blog for myself, since others I know have done the same thing, especially Molly. It seems like it could be fun, even though I'm not totally big on sharing everything with everyone who wants to read it. But I will at least give it a shot, I guess. Who says I'm not a "follower"?

I had lunch today with a friend of mine, Fr. Flynn, who used to be associate pastor at St. Clare. It was a nice time.

I have a very big weekend coming up. Working tomorrow at Mundelein, formation day Saturday - again at Mundelein. Sunday is the biggest day, though. The baptism of my godson, Jack.



I can't wait. I am excited to be a godmother for the first time, and I hope I will be a good one. I know others have been godparents many times over, and so it may not be a big deal, but this is my first (and possibly only) godchild I will have, so it is a big deal to me. He is just so darn cute, as you can see here! I treasure him very much and look forward to being there for him.

His mother, Molly, and I have been friends for years. We've known each other since first grade, and have been really friends since 8th (or 4th - although there seems to be a couple years in between there when we really didn't hang out much). Anyway - for a long time! She means the world to me and so that is especially why Jack is so important too.

I'm sure I will talk much more about them later in this blog, so that's all I'll say for now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Frema said...

Congratulations on being a first-time godmother. See you Saturday!

8:15 AM, February 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's a big day for me too! ... but please don't drop me auntie jenny! i may be young, but i know what a lawsuit is...

11:01 PM, February 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never,ever stop writing, your truth and honesty keep me in stiches. Oneida

4:56 PM, February 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home