28 March 2006

No Kids, No French Silk, But Laughs and Old People A-Plenty!

What a fun, fun day I had yesterday!

Molly and I turned in our Christmas presents to each other. Dinner and a show! The dinner was delicious (could have probably been a bit MORE delicious if we weren't both watching our points - boy that French Silk pie was calling our names!) and the show we went to see (two guys - Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood from "Whose Line is it Anyway?" doing improv comedy) was absolutely hilarious!!! This is the 3rd time I've gone to see them, and this was definitely the funniest I think!

More on the show in a moment, first the dinner...

We got to Baker's Square at about 5pm. We were seated in the booth right next to a couple of old ladies. I sat in the booth and Molly went to the bathroom. While she was gone, I detected a specific scent from the aforementioned old ladies. My nose named it as B.O. When Molly came back, I told her I smelled it and we told the waitress we wanted to move. So they put us in the even COLDER part of the restaurant.

Now apparently 5pm is definitely the "early bird" (i.e., senior citizen) dinner crowd time. Because of the very few people in the restaurant, this section also had mainly old people. And I smelled it again. Molly smelled it too - what we labeled not B.O., but just the "old person smell." Anyone else know what I'm talking about? Like the combination of the cheapest perfume covering up other bodily scents. Anyway, after the people near us left, the scent faded and we could eat in peace.

Back to the show...it was great. They are SO QUICK witted and just terrific. Despite some really stupid suggestions made by audience members, and other audience volunteers who were pretty DIM witted, they really made it great.

But overall, I have to say that it was just a terrific day spent together. I don't know if I can remember the last time Molly and I spent so long together, just the two of us. And it was just nice! I love KJ and Jack to death, and without them there, at times felt like something was missing. But I'm glad we could have the day just with one another.

Riding home after the show, Molly put on the CD that I made her for last Christmas, with lots of "friendship" songs, and various other ones, mostly having something to do with the many years we've known each other. And listening to it, while we each ate our 3 point McDonalds ice cream cones I don't know if she noticed, but I became a little more quiet.

I couldn't help but thank God out of gratefulness for the sister I never had.



I always thought you were the best
I guess I always will
I always felt that we were blessed
And I feel that way still
Sometimes we took the hard road
But we always saw it through
If I had only one friend left
I'd want it to be you

(And who besides a good friend would make sure she got you home in time to see the Sopranos!)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenny, Oh my goodness...I was just roarin' over your links! Where in the world do you find stuff like that? Don't ya think Sarah would be good with Improv? She is so quick witted and funny... and lastly... it's so nice of you to note your special friendship, still, after all these years. How sweet! and a very special blessing.

11:15 PM, March 28, 2006  
Blogger Frema said...

You guys look fabulous in that picture!

12:34 PM, March 29, 2006  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

What a great friend you are. Thank you for all of those nice things. And for not getting the pie. I could not have resisted if it sat on the the table before me. That, and, it doesn't really go well with old people smell, eh?

:0)

2:32 PM, March 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure is a great picture. Look at the picture and you can see that you can be sisters. That why I always thought sara was you.
You are a great friend to everyone. So were all blessed for you in our lives.

11:33 AM, March 30, 2006  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

So now the upcoming blog entry could be titled something like this: Two kids, one a bit fussy, and then a bit happy for a while, and then fussy again, two trips to the play area, one clearance sale, and pizza grease on mirrors.

:0)

9:14 AM, March 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home