19 April 2006

Me, Weird? Never.




Lost a Sock "tagged me" to answer a question going around on the blogs. (Apparently these "survey" things are called "memes.") Who knew?

Anyway, the thing to answer is:

Six weird things about me are...

(And WHY, may I ask did Molly so easily mark me as number one on her list when she thought of weird things about people? Hmm.....)

Anyway, here are 3 of them for today...I will save 3 for another day.

1) I break plastic forks. Not on purpose, just while I'm eating. I have no idea why I can do this so easily but I do. Several times while we used to eat take out lunches at work, somehow I would end up breaking my fork - either in half, or just breaking off one of the tines. I guess I do not realize my own strength. The most ironic thing is at a friend's birthday party last summer, I was in line to get food from the table. At the beginning of the line was the normal stack of plates and napkins and basket with plastic knives and forks. I just reached in for one, looked at it and it already had 2 tines missing. How appropriate for me. Breakage already done!

2) I have the habit of drinking out of other people's cups. Again, not on purpose, but by accident. And again, my tendency to do this was realized where I used to work. Especially at the dances we used to run, or dinners we would do, Annette, Oneida and I would be working together so much. We'd each have our cup of pop and inevitably I would end up picking up and drinking from one of their cups instead.

3) I'm not sure if it could really be considered weird, but I have an incredible eye for accuracy in people's writing. I am an excellent proofreader (for others - not always for myself - so don't be smart and coment that I speled somethnig wrongg). I notice misspellings, missing commas, uneven indentations, and even extra spaces in between words. It really can be quite annoying at times. I remember once seeing an ad in the newspaper for a proofreader...there was a spelling error in it. I was so tempted to write them to tell them. Maybe it was a test to see if people applying for the job would tell them about it.

More "weirdness" to follow soon...

2 Comments:

Blogger Lost A Sock said...

The proofreading thing - oh how I love that about you. And weird? You can't be weird. Or I am too.

Drinking out of other people's cups...hmmm... I would guess you caught your last cold here frommmmmmm drinking out of KJ's sippy? Get a hobby, or something??

Love it. Love ya. :0)

2:28 AM, April 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weird is not necessarily a bad thing. I have often considered the adjective a compliment. Weird-ness suggests a willingness to be yourself despite societal views of what is "proper" or "acceptable."

To all the people who shudder at the word I say "Claim your weirdness, and revel in it!"

11:48 AM, April 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home