09 April 2006

I'M BAAAAAACK!

Well, after such a long hiatus you would think that I would have some horror story to tell you as to why I haven't blogged in so long. Well, here goes...

I've been lazy.

That's it. That's the only reason I can give for why I have neglected this for so long.

But I figure I need to give a summary of what's been going on since we last chatted...

1) I am getting over an eye infection. Ever since my sty and cold of about 3 weeks ago, my left eye had been bothering me periodically. But Wednesday morning it actually woke me up, with the burning and watering. I stupidly went to work, barely able to see right to drive and suffered all day. And evening on the way back home. I really had no right driving in that condition. I had to drive with my window rolled all the way down, holding my left eye open with my left had and driving with the right, wiping my left eye about every 10 seconds.
Went to the eye doctor Thursday and turns out I have a bacterial infection in BOTH, a viral infection in the left, along with an ulcerated cornea. But the doc put some magic drop in my eye while I was in the office and it's felt better ever since. He also gave me a prescription for 2 eyedrops and I nearly passed out when the pharmacist told me the prices $55 for one and $66 for the other. For 2 bottles about the size of my thumbnail. What a sin! But I guess worth my eyesight, huh?

2) I had a dentist's appointment last week. I have too much plaque (even though I brush and floss faithfully) and my gums are receding. And the wannabe dentist dental hygenist that I had suggested I may want to think about braces. My beloved dentist pretty much told her she was wrong.

3) It is now officially Holy Week, with today being Palm Sunday. I am hoping I can really "enter into" the week and get something out of it, since I unfortunately haven't put a whole lot of effort into the rest of Lent. I am so looking forward to Holy Thursday, my favorite night of the year.

4) Since it IS Holy Week, we have been practicing a lot for choir in preparation. I love my choir!

5) Molly has finally come to her senses and agreed with me that going to our 10 year high school reunion is not necessary (or sane).

Well, I think that is all that is going on for now. Hope to talk to you all again real soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lost A Sock said...

What is this Dentist thing you speak of? (Seven years and counting.)

We will definitely have to do something the night of the reunion, though. (Something less than $90 of course...)

9:42 AM, April 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you aren't going to your reunion. I could understand if it involved international travel or something, but come on it's in Chicago right?

I've been to both my 10 year and my 20 year reunion. They were well worth. Catching up with folks is great fun. You both really should reconsider.

6:27 PM, April 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home